A Joyful Corner



Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Sophia. Go on, take a look at my posts, maybe leave a comment or 2. Thanks for taking time to read this and enjoy my blog!

Monday, March 28, 2016

10 Ways Percy Jackson Is A Copy Of Harry Potter

Hey guys! Now, I'm sure all of us Harry Potter fans, or Percy Jackson haters, have been trying to look for reasons of how Percy Jackson is a copy of Harry Potter. Well, I have found a couple of ways, if not why it's a copy, then how the idea of Percy Jackson was born from Harry Potter, in the very least of it all. Some of these ways are similarities, and not how they are copied, but oh well. Before we start, I'd like to say that I am not a Percy Jackson hater, I had just never read the series until this year, probably about a few months or so ago, when my english teacher said that we would be reading it as a class for school, and I actually liked the book, so I finished it ahead of my class, and I will be getting the next books in the series from my library, soon! So, without further ado, let's go and get started! :)

















And, btw, I'm sure all of you Harry Potter haters, and Percy Jackson fans are silently willing at me to shut up, and to delete this post.





1. Both of the books star a male character, both of which are 11 at the beginning of the book.

2. Both Percy, and Harry have 5 letter names, both of which start with a consonant, second letter is a vowel, 3rd is an r, and ends with a y, so basically they kind of rhyme.

3. Both of the books have a male antagonist who has married into the family, (Percy's stepdad, Gabe, who married his mother, and became a part of his family, and Harry's fat uncle, Vernon, who married Percy's mom's sister, or in other words, his Aunt Petunia, and became his uncle.)

4. These books both have the same genre, fiction fantasy, and both involve magic.

5. There was a storm! (says in British accent) And, it was in a cabin! (says in normal voice) Hagrid told Harry that he was a wizard when they were in the cabin, in a storm. Grover came to their cabin and they fought the Minotaur in a storm!

6. They can both speak to animals. Harry to snakes, as he is a Parselmouth, and Percy to horses, as he is the son of Poseidon.

7.  Both Harry Potter and Percy Jackson have messy dark hair, and green eyes.

8. They both have a group of friends consisting of 3 people, one girl, and 2 boys, a very smart girl, and a best friend who he knew longer than the girl, and who is also like a sort of side-kick to him.

9. A certain character in both books has the power to be invisible using a clothing item. Annabeth has an invisibility cap, while Harry has an invisibility cloak.

10. They both have an idol. Wise, and smart. A "teacher", so to speak. For Harry, we've got Dumbledore, and for Percy, we have Chiron, (A.K.A. Mr. Brunner)

11. There is love going on between the group. Ron, and Hermione, and I'm pretty sure Percy and Annabeth  like each other.

12. Neither Harry, nor Percy are very good in academics, but are both very good in fighting.

13. They both have one place in the world that's safe for them to be, and it's constantly being put into danger. For Harry Potter, it's obviously Hogwarts, and for Percy Jackson, it's no doubt, Camp Half-BloodHill. For Harry, it's always being put into danger, but for Percy it's been in danger once so far, with the issues with Thalia's tree, but I won't be spoiling here, for those of you who haven't read it, if there is anyone like that, but yeah.

14. Oh, look at that! A 14th reason! Both of their "safe places" are a form of school to train them. Hogwarts IS a school, and the camp trains Percy for battle and everything.

15. They both have antagonists that are sort of similar. I mean, does Clarisse not resemble Draco to you? Not even at all? They both have powerful dads, and they affect Percy and Harry in many ways, usually bad.




Wow! Even I didn't realize that they were this similar until I was actually thinking about the reasons so that I could write this post! Woah. (Yup, I like my GIF's to be X-large.)

That's it for today guys, thanks for reading, and keep in mind that I came up with these differences from only reading book 1 of Percy Jackson, I started book 2 while writing the middle of this post, but only reason 13 was about book 2. So, yeah, thanks for reading, again, and bye! :) Oh, and btw, I know that this was only supposed to be 10 ways, but I thought of more than 10, so I just decided to include those in too.

4 comments:

  1. Though most of those are coincidence like the name awesome post!

    Nabila // Hot Town Cool Girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me and my friend had a whole debate about this topic actually. ���������� Most of these are actually NOT coincidences, as Rick Riordan himself admitted that he got the idea of percy jackson from harry potter, and it was ok because percy jackson wasn't even supposed to get published. Rick Riordan only wrote it as a bedtime story for his dyslexic or ADHD son

      Delete
  2. I don't think that they are a copy of each other, I just think, like you said Rick Riordan got inspiration from J.K Rowling and then crafted his own world. Also, Roald Dahl starting writing his stories as bedtime stories for his children. Great pos though!
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again, Riordan WAS a copy of Harry Potter in the first book, but he began to change it into his own world. PJ started as a copy of HP, but then began to change into something of it's own. Thanks for the comment, though!

      Delete

Go ahead, comment whatever. The hate does nothing more than amuse me. 😂😂😂😂😂