A Joyful Corner



Hello! Welcome to my blog! I'm Sophia. Go on, take a look at my posts, maybe leave a comment or 2. Thanks for taking time to read this and enjoy my blog!

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

           
         Hey guys! Today I am going to be reviewing some books. So let's get started!

         The first book is "Tuck Everlasting" by Natalie Babbitt. It is one of the best books I have ever read. It has a movie too. I personally like them the same, I don't want to choose which I like better. So basically, there is this family, the Tucks, Angus Tuck (husband/dad), Mae Tuck (Wife/mom),  Jesse Tuck (youngest son), and Miles Tuck (oldest son). This basically takes place in the olden days, like 1800's 1900's and stuff. So the Tuck family were in the forest looking for a spot to build their farm. They drank from this spring in the wood on their way, even their horse, but not their cat. It made them live forever, they soon found out. They have lived a long time without anyone finding out, but one day, Winnie Foster, who's family owns the wood, finds out about the spring. Full of action, mystery, drama, just an AMAZING book. I would definitely recommend it to everyone, and 5 out of 5, I think it deserves a 5.
      
          Book 2 is "Finally" by Wendy Mass.  I am going to be honest, at first I kind of knew I would like it, but I did not think it would be this good. Its amazing though. So it is basically about this girl named Rory. She has this list of stuff she is finally allowed to do when she is 12. For instance, have a cell phone, drink coffee, get her ears pierced, get a pet, shave her legs, and stuff. She finally turns 12 (Ha ha, thats why the book is called finally lol) and she shaves her legs and she gets blisters. She gets a pet bunny, Kyle R. and she thinks he is trying to kill her, the sales clerk says say Kyle R. fast a few times and Rory realizes it sounds like killer. She returns him. She goes to get her ears pierced, and finds out she is allergic! Also, at the beginning of the book, there is this lady. She says "You won't get what you want until you see what you need." So, at sort of but not really the end of the book, she gets this friend, Sasha. It turns out she helped her whole family. She helped Sasha get in the dance lesson thingy, she helped her little brother find his book, she helped her sister kiss this famous actor in the movie they were filming at Rory's and Sasha's sister's school, she helped her mom get her job at the bookstore, she helped her grandma catch their dog, Bandit, when he ran away from her on their walk. Then the lady who told her she won't get what she wants until she sees what she needs comes in turning out to be Sasha's aunt or something and Rory sees what she needs, helping people I think that is what she needs. That is where the book ends. I loved it. Definitely 5 out of 5.

         Book 3, kind of an old series but obviously still awesome (Did you guess yet?) HARRY POTTER! One. of. the. best. books. EVER! I am currently rereading for about the hundredth time, book 2 in the Harry Potter series, Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets. Like, Definitely 5 out of 5! I do not think I need to explain what this one is about... Everyone knows it right?! Of course everyone does, how could they not??!!?!
Love that book so much!

        Okay guys, sorry I only did three, but the first 2 were pretty long and the 3rd was kind of long. This is probably my favorite post that I have ever done. Oh, and sorry for not posting since, like, May 8. Well, thanks for reading!
   

2 comments:

Go ahead, comment whatever. The hate does nothing more than amuse me. 😂😂😂😂😂